David Stabbe, C.P.A. Logo

David Stabbe, C.P.A.

Tax Accountant

General Accountant FAQs

Call Us Today

Located in Laguna Niguel servicing Laguna Woods, Aliso Viejo and Laguna Niguel

Does my accountant need to be designated or certified?

In one word: Yes. Having a designated or certified accountant is very important, especially if you are a small business owner. You will most likely end up saving money in the end if you pay a little more for a designated or certified accountant. With their training and experience, they will surely find any possible errors that might otherwise cost you in overpaid taxes, penalties, and high-interest rates!

If my accountant has a designation, should I automatically trust them?

No. Make sure you know what designation your accountant has and if they are the right one for you! Having an accountant with a designation that is not specific to your needs could end up costing you more money in the end. I am a certified accountant with appropriate designations.

When filing corporate taxes, which documents do I need from my accountant?

You are going to need several income and expense documents. To save yourself time, the best thing you can do is set up an appointment with me and let me go over the documents you need. If you do not have them, I can help you find them through the revenue agency. Filing corporate taxes can be a long and difficult process—let me help!

When my sole-proprietor taxes are prepared, which documents do I need from my accountant?

This is a great question and one that I often get! There are several forms that you will need, such as ones that show income, business and home expenses, and car repairs. My best advice is to get in touch with me as these forms have different titles depending on your location. I can give you a more detailed list of what you need and where to find it!

Which business costs can I claim as tax deductible expenses?

There are many business costs that you can claim as tax deductibles and some that you cannot. For example, some business gifts can be written off, but others cannot. The boundaries can sometimes be blurred on what qualifies as a tax write off. Having a certified accountant help you with your business tax filing can clear up all of your questions.

What tax records do I need to keep for my business?

I would advise you to keep any document that shows income or deductions along with your tax records for six to seven years.

What is the most appropriate tax structure for my business?

There are three different business structures:

  1. Sole proprietorships
  2. Partnerships
  3. Incorporations

Each one is treated differently by tax law. I can work with you can help outline what tax laws apply to your business!

How do I schedule a consultation with David Stabbe, C.P.A.?

Contact me now at (949) 510-8980 or through the online contact form. I will be in touch with you as soon as possible!

Contact us now to schedule an appointment!

Captcha Image Refresh Captcha